QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 1596|回复: 5

[德州人] T.J.Yates扫盲贴

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-1-8 19:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 T.J.Yates 于 2012-1-9 03:34 编辑

TJ Yates: Yaters Gonna Yate    12/20/2011(个人更新在5楼)

Just two years ago, TJ Yates was arguably to most vilified Tar Heel athlete this side of Larry Drew II. The Marietta, Georgia native had just completed his third year as the starting quarterback of the football team in rather unspectacular fashion, losing 19-17 to Pittsburgh in the Meineke Car Care Bowl. Yates had led the Heels to an 8-4 regular season record, but was wildly inconsistent, throwing 14 touchdown passes and 15 interceptions. Many Tar Heel "fans" expected better from Yates and they showed their displeasure with him one evening at the Dean Smith Center, when Yates was booed after appearing on the video boards for the "I am a Tar Heel" promotional video. It does not get much worse than that. A fan base that is expected to support you through thick and thin is willing to chastise you simply for showing your school pride.

TJ Yates could have acted scorned from the criticism and escaped it by transferring elsewhere and merely starting anew. One athlete in a similar position to Yates, who happened to be the starting point guard for the basketball team, did do that. He gave up and went home to Los Angeles. However, TJ Yates is different. He loved being a Tar Heel and knew it was the opportunity of a lifetime to be able to wear the blue and white for Carolina. Yates was not going to let a few idiot fans get him down. Instead, he decided to prove everybody who doubted him wrong by working as hard as possible.

TJ Yates senior season at UNC was a remarkable one. Despite the Tar Heel team being saddled with the burdens of the NCAA investigation and numerous suspensions, Yates led Carolina to the program's first bowl win since the 2001 Peach Bowl. Yates threw for 19 touchdowns and just 9 interceptions while setting nearly every Tar Heel passing record along the way. In the very first game of the season, he threw for 412 yards and 3 touchdowns in a close loss to a heavily favored LSU team. Yes, the same LSU team that just 17 months later is undefeated and playing for the national championship. Yates went on to lead Carolina to 8 victories, including a dramatic win over Tennessee in the Music City Bowl.

The bowl victory was a dramatic and fitting way for Yates to cap his Carolina career. The game was filled with tremendous plays and head scratching mistakes. However, in the end, it was Yates composure that helped him lead Carolina down the field for the game tying drive with 31 seconds left in the game. His spike with just a few seconds left in the game amidst mass chaos and confusion by everybody else on the field exemplified Yates ability to tune out all the distractions. If it were not for Yates spiking the ball and taking a five-yard penalty due to too many men on the field, kicker Casey Barth would have never had the opportunity to send the game into overtime.

Flash forward just 346 days and TJ Yates is the starting quarterback for the 9-3 Houston Texans. Down 19-13 with 2 minutes to go and no timeouts, Yates is facing a hostile Cincinnati Bengals crowd, one of the best defenses in the NFL, and has 80 yards between him and the Houston Texans first division title in team history. TJ proceeded to calmly lead the Texans down the field, going 5-9 for 51 yards and also rushing for 17 yards. With just two seconds left in the game, Yates threw a six-yard touchdown pass to Kevin Walter, giving the Texans the win and their first ever playoff birth.

To many it may have been a surprise that Yates even had the opportunity to quarterback a NFL team. How could this guy who had been so ridiculously maligned during his career at UNC be an NFL caliber quarterback? Well, because if you have ever watched or met TJ Yates, you would know that he has “it.” “It” is more than merely arm strength and size. Part of being a successful quarterback is the ability to shed all the outside criticism and pressure, be a leader, and simply get the job done no matter how. Yates was able to do that at UNC during his senior year when he was the leader of a team and program in turmoil. He did it in the bowl game against Tennessee, as he was the only cool head during the final frantic seconds of the game. And two weeks ago, he did it against the Cincinnati Bengals, against all odds, as a rookie and third string quarterback, whom two years before many fans wanted to see benched.

Watching TJ Yates this past Sunday against my Carolina Panthers was a proud moment for me as a Tar Heel alum and fan. Despite the fact that Yates struggled in the game, it was amazing to see a guy that has been through so much over the past two years have the opportunity to lead an NFL franchise. I do not know if TJ would agree, but for me it all goes back to that night in the Dean Smith Center, when Carolina fans jeered Yates as he smiled and said, "I'm TJ Yates and I'm a Tar Heel." From that day forward, he did not complain or bemoan his unpopularity with Heels fans. Instead, he has appeared motivated by those critics and has now reached the pinnacle of being a quarterback. I am not sure if Yates will be a long-term starter in the NFL, but I would not doubt him for a second. So to all you TJ Yates haters, compassionately known as "Yaters," thanks for the motivation you provided TJ. Because of you, I have never been more proud or excited for a fellow Tar Heel.

Go Heels Go America!

。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。转载地址http://www.thrownawaytoworthy.com/2011/12/tj-yates-yaters-gonna-yate.html   

发表于 2012-1-8 19:54 | 显示全部楼层
- - 这个是
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-8 20:54 | 显示全部楼层
ID好亮啊~
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-8 21:09 | 显示全部楼层
TJ Yates要是传球能准点,下赛季他就先发了,滚蛋的就是Schaub。他实在太不准了,多几个incomplete都不是问题,这样很容易造成int,很伤。
脚步和臂力都很好,熟悉德州人的进攻体系,判断也不算太差(这个据说也不行。。当然我不知道德州人的战术是啥样的,就是听解说讲而已)。
当然传球能准点的话大概是第一轮的货了。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2012-1-9 03:33 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 T.J.Yates 于 2012-1-9 03:34 编辑
pfz1stp 发表于 2012-1-8 21:09
TJ Yates要是传球能准点,下赛季他就先发了,滚蛋的就是Schaub。他实在太不准了,多几个incomplete都不是问 ...

Yates这场比赛前的传球completion rate 61.2%(nfl.com这场的数据还没更新加上去) 在rookie中绝对算是超高的。比Matt Schaub这赛季的61.0%高

unc和texan的招牌战术都是play-action Yates在unc先发了三年了 所以Yates几乎每次play-action都非常的有效

yates 经常被人诟病的是他的deep pass能力 从这场比赛看 他的能力绝对是有的。

这场比赛差点扔出了两个interception 但这个是好事。houston要是只打running game, 和打colts和carolina的下场一样 傻子都知道怎么防 必输无疑。显然Kubiak也认识到了这点 他让yates放手pass 不要怕incompletion. (常规赛最近三场他completion rate 63.3% 81.3% 100%, texan都输,当然最后一场输不关他事)别畏手畏脚 只扔small play。这场比赛yates扔了很多deep pass, 我觉得是教练告诉他没事 扔坏了也继续打。

小故事:yates高中 junior year 打篮球去了,原因是在sophomore year觉得自己打football打的太差。senior year橄榄球队来了新教练 主动把他叫回了对手。yates也没想到他会被大学招中,那天unc的scout去pope high school,Yates扔了400 yards和5 TD.

。。。。。。。。。。。Yates的故事就是个传奇

因为他 才爱上了houston texan. 看了他在大学被boo了两年 承受的太多. 甚至毕业后出现在大学football现场的视频里还在被boo. 总觉得他是身边最好的励志故事 junior的失意 senior的威猛 一直在嘲讽声中长大的孩子 处理关键球就是不会乱. 看texan的球 比看自己学校的球还兴奋 总觉得如果他能成功 我们任何人也能一样 如果我们能学会成长.

感谢人民感谢党 rookie就有机遇首发. matt schaub matt leinart 早日康复。

T.J. is larger than life.

GO texan!

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-9 09:53 | 显示全部楼层
好帖,yates就是一个平民版励志故事,和tebow的那种宗教色彩不同~
回复

使用道具 举报

本版积分规则

archiver|手机版|小黑屋|达阵联盟-NFL-美式橄榄球中文网

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 13:47 , Processed in 0.096740 second(s), 14 queries .